Saturday, April 6, 2013

Card Club Challenge

I am so lucky!  I belong to a greeting card club with 6 other generous, funny, talented women.  We have so much fun that I can't remember if we've been together 3 or 4 years.  We meet once a month.  One woman brings treats.  Three women design a card and bring materials for everyone to make the cards.  Another woman brings "homework".  The Homework Woman puts cardstock, decorative papers, embellishments and whatever else she thinks would be fun in a bag for each of us.  The next month we all come back with at least one card made from our homework packets.  We start our meeting with all the homework assignments laid out on a table, and then we ooh and ahh over our creations, having all used the same homework materials.

This month I was rushed because I was finishing up a travel book for a class I will teach in May, but I had time to make 3 cards for my homework.

The first card is based on a card made by Karen Burniston, who based her card on the card used for the die cut packaging of the die the three of us used.  Karen is the Sizzix designer who created all the terrific Pop Ups and Pop N Cuts dies that I use on almost every card I now make.   This card uses the Platform Raising 3-d die.  Like the other two women, I also used the poinsettia from the Sizzix, Karen-designed, Noel Set and the Fancy Frame die, also designed by Karen.



The second card uses a Pop N Cut die, the label 3-d. I made the origami Kimono about 8 years ago for a class I taught.  I knew it made sense to keep all those teaching samples !

The third card doesn't use a pop up or Pop N Cut, but it does use a Karen Burniston designed die, the Sizzix Frame Back Ornate.


Much thanks to my support team.


1 comment:

Karen B said...

Awesome cards, Wendee! I adore what you created on Card #2 especially - stunning!