Friday, July 19, 2013

Announcing Travel Book Class

I am so excited about this upcoming class.  I have been collecting travel related items for several years and have TWO boxes full of items for you to use - travel books, maps, vintage travel photos, travel related vintage advertising, an atlas, photos of vintage cars, travel related embellishments, stickers, and about 65 travel related rubber stamps.  I also have envelopes and tags and all kinds of fun and found objects to be used in this book.

The book has a front and back cover and 16 pages.  We will make pockets with the pages and hiding places and one pop up if you wish.  We will also make vertical 1/2 pages to add interest.  I have also been collecting license plates.  If you want, I will show you how to cut out letters and/or numbers from the plates and then I'll show you how to attach them to the front cover of your book.  We will make spaces for photos and for journaling.

I have about 40 photos in my book, some are cropped and some have been reduced in size.  I chose photos and tickets and brochures that were the best parts of our trip.

It will work best if you come to class with your photos and have them in chronological order and maybe an itinerary of your trip.  If you don't have these things, or haven't made that trip yet that you want to memorialize, no problem.  You can make your book generic at this point and get specific with it when the time comes.

I have purchased a Zutter Bind It All, so your book will have a nice binding.  The book isn't at all difficult or timely to make.  The decorating of pages and placement of photos is what will take time. 

This class will take place on two nights:  July 30 and 31st at my house. We will start right at 6:30 and will stop at 8:30.  You will probably not complete your book, but you will complete the making of your book and all the pockets and pop up and decorations.  You will have some of your photos adhered, depending on how organized you are when you come.

The cost of the class is $30 which includes 4 hours of class time and all the materials listed below.  There won't be any additional materials cost.  I do have several embellishments that I will charge for if you want them, but they aren't required.

I will supply: 
backgrounds,
long bs envelopes
tags,
pop up papers,
die cut machine with die cuts and embossing folders
license plates and tools for cutting and adhereing, including brads
travel related items, stamps and quotes
chip board
binding materials
Japanese Punch
spray bottle with water

You need to bring:
4 12x12 cardstock papers which will make 4 x 4" pages for your book.  This should be a heavy      weight cardstock, like, but doesn't have to be, Tim Holtz/ Kraft Resist or Tim Holtz Lost and Found papers.

Glue stick
Brayer
paper cutter
stapler and staples
exacto knife with new blade
acrylic blocks of various sizes marked with your name or initials
craft sheet
ink pads: black, brown
distress ink pads if you like that look
corner chomper (you can use mine)
bone folder
scissors
scotch tape
ink applicator with foam and felt
small sponge for inking
red liner tape, or something like it
awl (you can use mind)
tape runners (NOTE: plural)
a wet glue
pencil
any special travel related papers or items you want to include
your photos

These photos aren't very good, but should give you an idea of the book.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions.  Sign up soon.  My space is limited.  To hold your place in the class, I will require a $15 deposit, non-refundable unless there's an emergency or something like that.  (There will be a lot of prep work for me so I don't want to work on prep for you and then have you not show up.)
This is going to be a GREAT class.  Hope to see you!



 




I will teach another class where we will make the embellishments and charms that are on the binding of the book.



No comments: