Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another class with KAREN BURNISTON

For the 2nd year in a row, I was able to take a class from Karen Burniston, a Sizzix licensed designer, who designs paper engineering dies - and I LOVE paper engineering.  The class was at a stamp store near Chicago, which happens to be near my husband's college roommate, so it was easy to talk my husband into another trip to the Chicago area.

I was especially excited about this year's class with Karen, because I knew she'd be teaching us to make cards using her new Pop N Cuts dies.  From the class description: "This innovative magnetic interchangeable system will have you whipping out pop-up cards in a fraction of the usual time. Pop 'n Cuts dies will fit in either a Big Shot or Vagabond die cutting machine. Pop 'n Cuts are easy, quick, interchangeable, expandable, coordinated and all fold exactly the same!"

The description didn't lie!  These dies are to die for.  They really are EASY to use; instead of spending your time meticulously cutting and adhering, you spend seconds using the die cut machine, seconds making a couple of easy folds and the rest of your time is spent decorating your card.

Here's two of the cards we made.  I'll be doing a demo of this system on August 4th and a class on August 15th at All About Pictures, 364-4141.  More information to come. 
WENDEE








No comments: